ProCon is a Property and Construction Industry group based in Leicestershire. HeadStorm Marketing were approached to organise the first annual dinner and Awards ceremony in October 2003 for around 500 guests. The work included:
- PR campaign – planning and management
- Generation of over £100,000 worth of sponsorship
- Complete management of all suppliers
- Venue selection and management
- Audio visual co-ordination including video footage of the Awards finalists and all presentations for the evening including script writing
- All ticket sales for the Awards evening
- The Awards evening itself
- Complete budget management
- Generation of applications for the Awards – of which there are 6 categories
- Production of printed materials including application pack, application mailer, menus, tickets, event programme.
Following the success of the inaugural awards we have been employed on an annual rolling basis to organise the Awards. The Awards have steadily grown and are now one of the largest business events in Leicestershire.
Membership and Events
Since 2006 we have also taken over the running of ProCon as a membership organisation. We report to a Board of 10 Directors on a monthly basis with on-going contact with the Chairperson in between the meetings. As a membership organisation we are responsible for all of the administration involved which includes:
- Membership liaison and updating the membership database
- Organisation of quarterly seminars for the membership
- Distribution of relevant industry information to the members
- Complete budget management and production of accounts
- Website development and updating – www.procon-leicestershire.co.uk
Following the success of the inaugural awards HeadStorm Marketing has been retained on an annual rolling basis to organise the event. The Awards have grown steadily and are now one of the largest events in Leicestershire. Each year, the Awards ceremony is a sell-out event with more than 600 guests and a waiting list of another 100-plus.
Sponsorship generation remains a vital element to the success of the events and awards. In the last four years, HeadStorm Marketing has secured over £212,000 sponsorship from the financial, legal, investment, accountancy, property industries as well as high street banks, plus £40,000 per year from ticket sales, resulting in the Awards being cost neutral.
Membership numbers remain constant, even though the investment and property industries have been hit hard by the current economic situation.
Attendance at the networking events is excellent, with support from a range of businesses that provide venues, refreshments and speakers, alongside sponsorship to cover event expenditure.
“ProCon Leicestershire would not be the thriving membership organisation for the county’s property and construction professionals without the expertise and enthusiasm of HeadStorm Marketing. On top of the calendar of regular events which run like clockwork".